Forklift Operator (Night Shift)
3rd shift: 11:00 pm – 7:00 am Monday – Friday (occasional OT may be required)
The Forklift Operator is responsible for operating a forklift to move, locate, relocate, stack, and count merchandise. The Operator is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle and may also be required to perform other duties. The Forklift Operator will be responsible for moving inbound, inter-warehouse and outbound product in a manner that meets client standards for safety, quality, productivity and accuracy. All overtime is mandatory and could be required on short notice. Lifting up to 100 lbs. is required at times.
- Load/unload shipments safely and move product to appropriate locations. .
- Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate locations.
- Monitor and maintain accurate inventory
- Maintain forklift equipment by troubleshooting breakdowns, performing maintenance, recommending repairs and performing routine pre and post inspections
- Pull and prepare product for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped.
- Perform picking duties in an efficient manner that meets customer service standards.
- Assist Shipping Dept. with miscellaneous projects as needed.
- Support continuous safety and improvement efforts that ensure a safe work environment
This job operates in a manufacturing environment. Temperature is uncontrolled, and there is heat, dust, noise, fumes, moving equipment and machinery.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Lifting up to 100 lbs. is required at times.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work/Other Duties:
This is a full-time position with minimal flexibility in work schedules/hours, but the employee should generally be available during the “core” work hours and for 8 or 10 hour shifts, and must agree to variation in work schedules/hours, all duties as assigned, and all overtime. This job description is not comprehensive of all duties, responsibilities, or activities required, all of which may change at any time with our without notice.
Education and Experience:
Prior forklift experience is required.