General Laborers /Helpers
1st Shift (6:30am-5:00pm, M-Th w/mandatory OT)
2nd Shift (5:30pm-4:00am, M-Th w/mandatory OT)
note – Flexibility is key to the success of our business. Due to customer requirements employees may at times be required to work floating 12-hour shifts.
General Labor/Helpers have responsibility for the overall efficiency, quality, safety, cleanliness, and production of equipment to ensure customer requirements are satisfied and met. Produces conformed products at maximum speed with minimal waste. General Labor/Helpers need to ensure continuous, safe, and high-quality machine output.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read, write, communicate with others.
- Train other crew members.
- Interpret documents such as safety rules, job jacket instructions, quality requirements, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals and execute as needed.
- Assist operator with operation of folder/gluer. Orient, and properly feed flat cartons/boxes into gluer feed gate, based on configuration.
- Assist operator with make-ready for next job.
- Support Continuous safety and improvement efforts that ensure a safe work environment
- Monitor quality of production.
- Wide range of duties that include locating stock, loads, loading and stacking according to size, shape, quantity to support machine efficiency.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Clean work area, to include blowing dust off, wiping machine, sweeping/mopping.
- Ability to multi-task, trouble shoot, problem solve, and utilize critical thinking
- Review, interpret, and understand content of job jackets specific to customer orders
- Complete all orders/assignments in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure quality or production that meets all aspects of specific customer requirements with regular inspections
- Achieve production and efficiency goals
This job operates in a manufacturing environment. Temperature is uncontrolled, and there is heat, dust, noise, fumes, moving equipment and machinery.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job: regularly standing, walking, climbing, bending, lifting, pushing/pulling, grasping, reaching at, below or above shoulder level, repetitive use of hands/fingers, visual and/or auditory requirements. Frequently handling up to 35 lbs of weight.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work/Other Duties
This is a full-time position with minimal flexibility in work schedules/hours, but the employee should generally be available during the “core” work hours and for 8 or 10 hour shifts, and must agree to variation in work schedules/hours, all duties as assigned, and all overtime. This job description is not comprehensive of all duties, responsibilities, or activities required, all of which may change at any time with our without notice.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Equivalent training, certifications, or experience are a plus, but not required