Site Director of Quality
1st: 8am – 5pm (Monday – Friday)
note – Flexibility is key to the success of our business. Due to customer requirements employees may at times be required to work floating 12-hour shifts or alternative hours as necessary.
The Site Director of Quality plans, coordinates, and directs quality control programs and processes to ensure continuous production of products consistent with established standards. This person will be the point of contact for customer quality requirements, concerns, and/or the resolution of issues. The position also facilitates training and education regarding quality to associates using company procedures and manufacturing best practices.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide the highest level of internal and external customer service and maintain exemplary relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Ensure compliance with Quality requirements and responsible for Quality documentation.
- Manage customer Quality Audits and process-oriented Internal Audits
- Manage the Packrite Quality Lab and any Quality Auditors
- Responsible for leading all aspects of continual improvement, corrective actions, and driving appropriate behaviors/practices
- Maintain/Achieve ISO 9001:2015 QMS status and certification, recertification, etc.
- GSFI knowledge
- Provide collaborative communications and guidance with plant leaders and associates on quality issues.
- Participate/Lead 5S, Six Sigma, and Lean manufacturing initiatives, as well as AIB initiatives and GMP practices.
- Assist in data collection methodologies and quantification on financial impact of results.
- Ensure timely and specific Corrective Action activities, generate targeted reports and follow up to team, track key performance metrics
- Provide technical (quality tool) and statistical insight to teams, assist in presenting data
- Transfer learning across teams and business.
- Identify application opportunities for the technical/statistical tools of quality/process improvement and facilitate the implementation
- Work with improvement teams to address customer concerns and remove barriers to success.
This job operates in a manufacturing environment. Temperature is uncontrolled, and there is heat, dust, noise, fumes, moving equipment and machinery.
This job operates in a professional office/plant environment and also the Quality Lab. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers/fax, filing cabinets, etc. Most of the work will be performed in manufacturing facilities where the noise level may be loud and the temperature is uncontrolled.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work/Other Duties
This is a full time, salary position typical work hours are 8am-5pm, but there needs to be flexibility in availability to work other hours as needed.
Education and Experience
- Experience in corrugated and folding carton packaging a must
- 2 or 4 year college degree, or equivalent experience in a comparable role
- 3 to 5 years of experience with relevant training and analytics.
- Advanced training using relevant tools and techniques associated in all aspects of Quality.
- Knowledge of all aspects of Quality functions within a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of Instron Lab testing equipment – like ECT or Mullen testing, or compression strength testing
- Working knowledge of 5S and Lean tools and experience using process improvement techniques
- Excellent communication, coaching and training skills
- Experience with ISO 9001 and GFSI requirements
- Six Sigma Black Belt is a plus
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to multi-task – possess analytical skills and critical thinking skills