Folder-Gluer Operator (Bobst MasterFold 130 and MasterFold 170)
2nd (10-hour 5:00pm – 3:30am / 12-hour 5:00am – 5:00pm) note – Flexibility is key to the success of our business. Due to customer requirements employees may at times be required to work floating 12-hour shifts.
Machine Operators have responsibility for the overall efficiency, quality, safety, cleanliness, and production of equipment to ensure customer requirements are satisfied and met. Produces conformed products at maximum speed with minimal waste. Machine Operators work closely with the crew and other members of our manufacturing facility to plan, coordinate, and manage processes/production to ensure continuous, safe, and high-quality machine output. The position also serves as a resource and coach to other crew members, and sets the standard for safety, quality, timeliness, and best manufacturing practices (GMP’S) and standard operation procedures.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read, write, communicate with others.
- Lead and coordinate efforts of crew, as well as train other crew members
- Interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals and execute as needed.
- Machine set up in accordance with instructions and order specifics, making required adjustments throughout the production process
- Operate all necessary testing equipment related to corrugated and folding/gluing
- Monitor board quality for loose liner, warp, dimensions, caliper, defects
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using who numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Effective use of measurements and tools to verify conformance to specifications
- Wide range of duties that include locating stock, loads, loading and stacking according to size, shape, quantity to support machine efficiency
- Basic computer skills/data entry/reporting
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to multi-task, trouble shoot, problem solve, and utilize critical thinking
- Review, interpret, and understand content of job jackets specific to customer orders
- Complete all orders/assignments in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure quality or production that meets all aspects of specific customer requirements with regular inspections
- Achieve production and efficiency goals
- Set up required machine maintenance and perform routine preventative maintenance
- Perform and maintain records required for GMP’s or ISO
- Support continuous safety and improvement efforts that ensure a safe work environment
This job operates in a manufacturing environment. Temperature is uncontrolled, and there is heat, dust, noise, fumes, moving equipment and machinery.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job: regularly standing, walking, climbing, bending, lifting, turning, pushing/pulling, grasping, reaching at, below or above shoulder level, repetitive use of hands/fingers, visual and/or auditory requirements. Frequently handling up to 25 lbs. of weight.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work/Other Duties
This is a full-time position with minimal flexibility in work schedules/hours, but the employee should generally be available during the “core” work hours and for 8 or 10 hour shifts, and must agree to variation in work schedules/hours, all duties as assigned, and all overtime. This job description is not comprehensive of all duties, responsibilities, or activities required, all of which may change at any time with our without notice.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Equivalent training, certifications, or experience
- 2 to 5 years in an Assistant or Apprenticeship role on comparable equipment